Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Getting Back to the Human Connection

I think the lack of blog posts can be attributed to my hatred of my keyboard.  This one is tiny and sleek but my fingers do not seem to stay on the keys.  It's a pretty keyboard, but not very functional.  As a matter of fact I just decided that life is too short to deal with a keyboard that isn't right for me so I fished one out of the keyboard death box.  Yes, we have a cubby for keyboards.  It has three in it right now.  We keep them just in case a friend needs one while over or if one of hubby's project boxes need one we have a box full of spares.  It's a Microsoft keyboard that I am using on my Mac...I feel a bit of a traitor just saying that sentence but life is all about finding what works for you.   

So now that all of that is handled I can get back to the rambles in my head.  I noticed myself really attached to my computer and phone last week.  I don't even know why.  I kept checking my usual websites.  Even when there was nothing else to read or look at I still found myself rechecking to see if I had missed anything.  I should have gotten up and done something productive instead of sitting in my computer chair.  So once I noticed this I started spending time reflecting and really looking at myself.  What was I trying to gain from spending so much time online?

I was trying to make a connection. 

With Clover in school and Hubby at work, my mornings are mostly pretty quiet.  If my husband goes to the office my mornings are very quiet since he takes his chiptunes and dubstep with him.  So was I lonely?  I don't think so because even when they were both home I still found myself checking in on my phone.  I think it's so much easier for me to be active on social media because in real life I lean a bit more towards the introverted side of things.  I look at outgoing people and envy them.  I wish I had a tenth of my daughters ability to be an extrovert.  She puts herself out there and says hi and is super friendly to everyone she meets.  And I will admit that there are times where I want to be more like my five year old.  So after the third time of checking my phone in what seemed like a half hour, I decided that it was time for me to get back to being present in my life.  I need to stop leaning online for my social interactions and get back to making more of a human connection.

I guess I just wanted to say that I am working on it.   

I have also decided that life is too short to eat the fruit snack flavors I don't like.  Why should I bother my taste buds with grape or banana flavored anything?  Same thing goes for Skittles.  I bought a bag to see what all the hullabaloo was about with the green apple vs. lime debate.  I now have a baggie full of grape and orange Skittles on the candy shelf and have to make sure I don't confuse those with my autumn M and M's.

No comments:

Post a Comment