Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I Admit To, That Make Me Sound Crazy

Yesterday, a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit almost made me cry.

Yes, now I sound like I'm loony.

Let me back up and explain.  We got breakfast on the go yesterday since we had some errands to run.  Mcdees for breakfast is a once in awhile treat.  I looked back and Clover had her breakfast sandwich and was holding it and eating it all by herself.  Yes, she's four and in my head I knew she could hold it but I was surprised to actually see her doing it.  This is the same kid that would throw her cheeseburger if it started to slide around in the slightest bit.  I had to start putting a tiny bit of mayo on her sandwiches to hold them together because if the bread slid off she would meltdown and chuck it across the table.  Breakfast sandwiches almost never stay together and she gets mad and then usually eats the pieces individually.  Yesterday, she was quite content with sitting in the back holding her breakfast and gnawing away at it.  No whining, no meltdowns, no chucking her breakfast across the back seat of Rojo Grande.

I got teary eyed.  Part of it sadness that my Clover is no longer a little baby.  My little baby is growing up.  Sometimes a little quicker than I want.  Part of it pride that she had figured things out on her own.  I  blinked a few times and forced my tears back.  If Hubby looked over and saw me crying he surely would have thought I lost it.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why you would say that's loony or that anyone would think your loony for that matter lol. I believe every parent goes through little proud moments like that, even fathers. :)

    ReplyDelete