Sunday, July 27, 2014

Something, Something About Food

So remember this post about that special sauce from Disneyland that I absolutely love?  Yeah that one? The Banyan Sauce from the Bengal Barbeque!  Well as it turns out, Google was holding on to that recipe for me.  All I had to do was search for it.  Go figure. 

So I found this site called The Disney Diner and on that site was a recipe and video for the Banyan Beef Skewers. 

Since I was going back and forth on what I was going to make for dinner anyways, I figured I would try a new recipe.  If it sucked, I still had plain beef skewers which are still pretty tasty.  So I fired up the grill.  While the grill was turning some lump charcoal into a rip roaring fire, I started on the sauce.  Which was pretty easy to make.  I did make some adjustments.  Instead of the chopped red peppers I went with some California Chile powder.  I wanted a mild/medium heat so I could enjoy it and not a burn your mouth off hot.  I also used a lower sodium soy sauce since it calls for a whopping cup of it.  I also added a little more garlic powder to up the flavor.  It came out delicious.  While that was cooling, I chopped some sirloin into chunks for the skewers.  I brushed them with a little garlic olive oil and sprinkled some adobo seasoning on them.

I grilled them on a hot fire and kept turning them.  I wanted a nice char on the outside.  When they were nice and charred I moved them over to the side and grilled up some corn.  While that was cooking I also threw on some sliced fresh pineapple. 

If you haven't tried grilled pineapple, you should.  I chopped mine up and served some Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top for dessert.  

I was being stubborn about grilling.  I wanted something yummy.  Grilling outside in triple digit heat is not the smartest thing to do.  So in between flipping everything I took a dunk or two in the pool.

Mmmmm Sauce.
   
I wasn't impressed with the sauce by itself but once I tried it with the beef, I was in heaven.  My husband loved it.  He said that since I knew how to make the sauce we wouldn't have to go back to Disneyland.  Silly boy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment