Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Kissing Hand is Gross!

This is going to be one of those days where I kick out a few blog posts and word vomit all over the place because I have a lot of stuff crammed up in my brain.  Or maybe it's the coffee I had this morning since I didn't have any yesterday.  Who knows.  Who cares.  Anyways here we go.



So The Kissing Hand...what is it?  It is a cute little book. It's about Chester, who is a small raccoon about to start school.  Just like my little Clover, Chester is worried and apprehensive about being away from his Mom and being somewhere new.  I would have ended that sentence with "most of the day" but raccoons are nocturnal and sleep during the day so he goes to school at night.

To get Clover used to the idea of starting school we did all the "starting school" stuff.  We toured her school and met her teacher.  We walked around the campus.  We talked about making new friends and we read lots of books.  Lots and lots of books.

She really picked up the concept of this book and stuck with it.  That I can kiss her hand and that kiss will stick with her during the day.  She really loves that idea and we use the kissing hand every day.

Here is the thing...it's sooooooo groooosssss.  Maybe it's just her approach but before I leave, or tell her goodnight she shoves her hand in my face and yells "Kissing hand!" which would be cute and sweet except I know where that hand has been!  Kids are dirty and gross and I am convinced the only reason why "automated" washing anything was invented.   It would probably deter from the moment if I paused and asked her to wash that hand before she face palmed me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment