Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In Which I Totally Want To Throw A Tantrum

I tried.  I really did.  I tried to not let it affect my day.  I tried to be in a better mood but I just couldn't help it.  It sucks.  My day was totally destroyed.  I'm not sure it was destroyed.  More like the idea of what I thought today was going to be, was destroyed.  I handled it like an adult.  When in reality I wanted to handle it like a kid and whine, kick, scream, and throw a mega tantrum over it. 

Ice cream helped.  It seemed like an Cookies and Cream kind of a day.  Or if you are Clover or Grandma a Reckless Sherbert kind of a day.  They earned their ice cream.  They dealt with me all day. 

So Sunday, my tooth fell out.  It had been a bit wiggly and then just fell out of my head.  This tooth was the one I had the root canal on two years ago.  After my tooth broke in half I had a root canal and a shiny new porcelain crown put on.  It wasn't that bad of an experience considering that I don't even like dentistry.  It was kind of a big deal for me.  Then there is the money aspect.  I had to pay a percentage of the root canal/crown/dentist time.  Over all close to $1500 out of pocket.  Only to have it fall out two years later and currently sitting on my dresser in a baggie.  

So now I am having the hard sell put to me to get an implant.  But to tell you the truth I am so over it.  I'm not sure what I am going to do but I'm upset that I let it ruin my day.  I should have just accepted it and gone with the flow.  Which I usually do.  But for some reason today was different.  I couldn't let go of what I wanted today to be.  I'm not even sure why that was important to me. 

Do you think that if I put it under my pillow the Tooth Fairy will help reimburse my loss? 

No comments:

Post a Comment