Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Do I Do Now?

Both of my lovelies are asleep already.  The house is quiet and once again I am left with one of those quiet contemplate-able (<--spell checker just told me thats not a word) moments.  So what am I doing with my free time?

Sitting here.

I would be all about the thinking except that the cold medicine I am currently on seems to be turning my brain to mush.  I feel better today than I did yesterday and I felt better yesterday than I did on Tuesday.  Everything in my head was swollen on Tuesday and I didn't feel like doing much of anything.  I still did the usual Laundry and Dishes routine.  But I was a mess.  At first I was convinced that it was allergies but since it has gotten worse and everyone in the house seems to have it, I am going with cold.  Colds in the Summer suck!  Not like they are a picnic during any other season but it's more comforting drinking hot tea when it's not in the 90's outside.

It has seemed to knock poor Hubby out too.  He was up in the early hours this morning because the cold had woken him up so tonight he headed to bed at 8!  Clover was in bed at 9 which is late for her but she had a nap in the car (the ONLY place she naps) on the way home from the splash park today.  She is a bit sniffly but doesn't seem to be as bad as Hubby and I.  The rest will do them both some good.

Since Hubby is out in dreamland that frees up the airwaves in the house so I can listen to whatever I want.  I don't really feel like listening to anything though.  It's on as background noise for now.  That and the drippy bathtub which I should really get fixed.

So I could go and clean something although I don't want to make too much noise, and I'm tired so I don't really feel like cleaning although it might be easier without someone walking behind you messing it up again.  I could browse the internet although when I do that I just find projects I want to add on the never ending list!  Speaking of the list, I knocked off some projects while Hubby was out of town the other day.  When he is gone I get restless...so I craft.  Some projects came out of no where and turned out great and some didn't turn out so I scrapped them.

This is what my kitchen counter looked like.

I don't know why he hasn't left me either?

I know you all feel bad for my poor Hubby now huh?  I had every intention of cleaning it all up before he got home but I just didn't get to it.  Part of it was that I was in the zone and the other part was that I was to sick to care.  

I was amazed that he didn't say anything when he got home.  I think he realized that it's just better not to hassle me while I'm in the zone.  Kind of like how you shouldn't take a bone from a dog.  I think he might have been afraid that I was going to bite him.  

Still sitting here.  The cursor blinking at me.  I think that it would probably be a good idea to call it a night and get some shut eye.  Or possibly browse the web some more.  Who knows.    
        

No comments:

Post a Comment