Monday, October 21, 2013

Never Ever Again Ford

I was so excited when we got Rojo Grande, our big red truck.  I fell in love with being a truck girl.  It just seemed to fit me and we just seemed to be a natural fit.  And then...heartache.

We are breaking up.  Do you hear me Ford.  We are never ever getting back together!

Since we drove it off the lot it has been one big headache.  First the springs in the door broke.  Oookay I will just take it to the dealer.  Who then proceeded to accuse me of basically She-hulking the door open.  Then two months later I get a post card in the mail about a recall.  Guess what got recalled?  The damn door springs.  The emblem fell off the back.  The hook on the gas tank broke and it wont shut.  The windshield has a traveling crack.  And then earlier this year the truck left us stranded on the side of the road.  It's only four years old.   

It just left me stranded again for the SECOND time this year!  I am so mad I can't even put it into words.  Which is unusual for me because I am good with the typing.  I don't even know what in the heck is wrong with it other than it's "chuggy".  It's currently sitting at school because I couldn't trust enough to drive it home during the school rush hour.  So we walked home. Thank you to the few people who called to check on us and make sure we were okay.  It's not that long of a walk and I'm glad I was close to home but walking across two fields in my cute flip flops which have no arch support has left me more than slightly grumpy.

I just hear echos of "get an American car".  Memories from when we were shopping for a new car.  I can tell you from experience, it's not about quality.

You know you have those moments where you wish you could go back in time and change something...this would be it.  I wish I could go back and keep my Honda!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment