Sunday, July 21, 2013

Late Night Cooking With Juju

A long time ago I had a friend share a recipe and I was hooked.  It has become one of my comfort foods.  It's also wicked simple to make.  The other night I decided I wanted to make it for breakfast.  It was also about 11:30pm when I decided to whip this batch of French Toast Casserole up.  I don't have my own cooking show so here is the pictorial.

Slice your bread into cubes.  I usually use an 8x8 pan because there are only three of us.  I used a baguette.  It's nice and chewy and soaks up the custard well.   

 Add some cream cheese.

 Mmmmm Nutmeg.  Not that canned stuff!  Fresh is the best!  I don't think that Nutmeg is in the recipe but I add it to any cream base.  It makes it just that much yummier!  And coffee, it's so yummy in coffee.

 Custard!  I usually add a bit of maple syrup to the custard instead of sugar.

Make room in the fridge for a couple of hours.  It will be there waiting for you in the morning to pop in the oven.

 All browned up and delicious looking!

A little bit of real maple syrup and I was in heaven.  It was even pretty good the next day.  Now I am making myself hungry all over again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment