Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's A Short Summer After All!

I have been conscious of time this Summer.  This is in fact, Clover's first Summer vacation.  The Summer to start all Summers.  The Summer before she starts Kindergarten.

We took a small break after our wonderful dance show and all of the sudden I have been stressing that we aren't doing enough stuff.  As it turns out we have.  Not to mention I have the pictures to prove it.  I can breathe a little bit better now.  The stress has started fade.
 
It hasn't been an in your face Summer but we have been pretty good at keeping up with the fun.  We've had some water fun, and some movie fun too, and a few days to just lounge around the house.

Clover got her very first smash book! Her Aunt sent it to her in the mail.  That was very exciting for her.  

So she has been smashing. 


 We made some fruit punch playdough and she made something that resembled Jabba the Hut.


 Princess game night.  So of course she was in her princess night gown.

 Who will win Pretty Pretty Princess?

 And the Princess version of Yahtzee Jr.

 Yeah, I lost that game too.  I made my comeback with Hi-ho-Cherrio!

So why the stress?  I know that parents have been sending their kids to school since way before my parents walked up hill in the snow both ways to get there.  I guess it dawned on me that soon we will have a schedule to stick to and things to get done.  The last five years we haven't had to worry about that and now in a few short weeks we will have to adapt.  And adapt we will.  I know that we wont stop having fun just because she starts school but I still want to make this Summer special.  

I think we are on the right path.  

What are you guys doing this Summer?   

Side Note:  I typed this whole thing up and didn't capitalize the word summer.  It looked funny so I looked it all up and found this from Dictionary.com.  So I went back and changed it all so now it looks right to me. 

Should I capitalize the names of seasons, such as Spring and Summer?
The seasons of the year are not capitalized as a rule, except in some literature like in poetry when a season is personified. However, it is certainly ok to capitalize the names of the seasons, especially when doing so often makes it clearer that you are talking about a season. Spring is the first season of the year, astronomically from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice. In the US, it is generally thought of as March, April, and May. Spring's etymology is from Old English as 'the place of rising or issuing, esp. of a stream, river, etc.' The second season, Summer, is astronomically from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox and the word's history goes back to Old Norse sumar, though the word has cognates outside Germanic languages. Autumn, the third season, is astronomically from the autumnal (descending) equinox to the winter solstice, popularly September, October, and November. Autumn derives from Latin autumnus. The term Fall is used in North America as the ordinary name for Autumn; in England it is rare except in literary use and some dialects. Winter, the fourth season, extends astronomically from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox and is considered to be December, January, and February. Winter's etymology goes back to Gothic wintrus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment