Saturday, February 11, 2012

Adapting

Adapting seems to be the theme around here as of late.

I guess I should fill you in.  I'm okay.  I will be okay.  I just have to change the way I do things and adapt to my condition.  My MRI showed a Chiari (Ky-Ry as my Neurologist pronounces it) Malformation.  The spot where my spinal cord connects to my brain is lower than where it's supposed to be.  It's something I may have been born with and have had my whole life.  Apparently one in five people have it.  It's been causing some weird symptoms which so far have been annoying.  They aren't exactly sure if it was what was causing my dizziness or not.  I am getting a lot of could be's and maybes.  I guess that's why it's called "practicing" medicine.  The human body is very complicated.

So it's taken me some time to get used to the fact that I will have to live with all of this stuff for the rest of my life.  There has been some down points and in all honesty a bit of depression.  It's been difficult to get out of this hole.  Been...past tense.  I'm ready to move on.  There are still so many things I can do.  The list of things I can do is greater than the list of things I can't.  So I am taking that momentum and running with it.  Well, not literally because running is on the don't list.  There goes my dream of running a marathon.  The running thing isn't that big of a blow because like I have stated before...Juju doesn't run.

So...NO sky diving or bunji jumping.  No more roller coasters which is kind of a bummer because I love me some Space Mountain.  So basically nothing that will jar my neck all around.  And I am limited to lifting no more than 15 pounds.  So let me introduce you to the newest member of the household...

I'm lazy!
  
I got tired of making ten trips out to the truck to get the groceries so now I can just wheel everything in.

It's been about perspective, adapting and keeping a positive attitude!  I may not have the greatest of health but I have my Hubby, my Clover, my loving supportive friends and family, my positive outlook and my run on sentences that make up my blog.  Sorry it's been so far between posting.  I'm starting to get back to things as I work on everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment