Sunday, June 22, 2014

Creating a Time Piece

My brain is wonky and we have already established this fact.  Take this weekend for example...I should have been making alterations to three adorable costumes for Clover's recital.  But I really didn't feel like sewing.  Instead I felt like beading and working on some jewelry and other pretty things.  It's hard for me to get into something if my brain isn't there.  So instead of doing something half committed, I put that stuff aside and worked on stuff I wanted to work on.

The theme for this years recital is all about time.  So I found this pocket watch looking piece in the scrapbooking section of my local craft store and decided to use it.  It will more than likely just end up on my name badge holder.



I put some glitter on the back to make the charms stand out.  I just sort of picked through what I had and threw some clock charms in there, a keyhole, a butterfly (because time flies) and some pink crystals to add some movement.  I glued the back down with some E600 just because it was a scrapbooking piece and not really a wearable piece.  The back popped off very easily so that you can add whatever you want inside of it.  So just for an added measure, I glued that sucker down.  I like the way it turned out and Clover loves it because every ten minutes she asks me if she can have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment