Friday, February 28, 2014

Open Communication

As we all know, being able to communicate your needs to your partner is one of the basics of a good marriage.  I struggle with that because some times I am too concerned with what the other person might be feeling to speak up and use my voice.  I have always admired that my husband has the ability to say what is on his mind and be in the moment.  

For Example:

Hubby:  I just wanted to let you know that I was mad at you this morning.

Me:  (I was hesitant but I wanted to see where this conversation would go) Ooooookay.  Why?

Hubby:  I woke up early in the morning and I was cold so I kept wondering why you hogged all the blankets and why you wouldn't roll over and hold me.  So I was getting really mad at you.

Me:  I could see how that could make you frustrated.  And I could validate that had you not been over 100 miles away.

Hubby:  Yeah it took me a few minutes to realize I was in a hotel room...by myself.

I'm glad he was able to get that all out and not stew on it all day and be mad at me.  It was nice to know that he missed me, or at least my body heat...or possibly the heated blanket.  But I am going to go with that he missed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment