Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Face Spackle

As I mentioned before, I am making an effort to girly it up a bit.  Part of that comes from having a girly girl, who at the ripe o age of 6 is more girly than her mom who has been on the planet for a bit longer.  I've always leaned more towards the tomboy side of things.  I wont lie, I enjoyed my flannel shirt phase a little more than anyone else.  Now I am comfortably in the jeans and tshirt phase of my life.  To think about it, I have never really left that phase.

I have started dipping my toes into this very large girly world.  And I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I am doing. 

At all!

So I had to start somewhere right?  Isn't that what the internet is for?  It's a little intimidating with all the knowledge out there.  So really I just had to pick a spot and work from there.  I tried forums.  Tried being the key word.  I haven't found a forum that I feel comfortable posting on yet.  A lot of them seem...uhm...what's the word?  Snotty?  Don't get me wrong.  There were a few helpful people on some of the forums I was browsing.  A few meaning about two.  Forums are tricky to navigate because everyone posting has a different skin type, or color, or problem.  So one product that might work for them, might not work for me. 

I think the biggest help was just going into a store in the morning and swatching stuff.  I went in after I dropped Clover off at school and spent about an hour rubbing BB creams on the back of my hands.  I felt a little silly at first but it did help me figure out what products I liked and which ones were a no-go.  Seriously one of them I tried on was so shiny I was convinced you could see it from space.  I don't need that much glitter to rock a day time look.  I didn't worry too much about brand names.  I know some people are very brand specific but I have found during this journey to not pay attention to the label or marketing.  I just wanted to find a product that was going to work for me.

I wanted something light and not greasy feeling.  I hate putting stuff on my skin that doesn't rub in.  If I feel like there is a layer on my skin I get the hibeejeebee feeling.  I have always been like that which why I hate Vicks (I put it on my shirt) or sunscreen (I wear a powder).  My face is also pretty sensitive so I turn red easily.  Which is why I shy away from traditional foundations and wear mineral powders.  I tried Physician's Formula BB cream which was a little too thick for me.  I liked the color and the coverage but I didn't like how it felt on my skin.  Something else I am figuring out is that I will like some of the products I try and some of them I wont.  So since this was too thick for me I passed it on to a friend of mine. 

After an hour of rubbing stuff on little spots on my hand I found one that I really liked.  It's been about two weeks and I still love it.  It's very light and doesn't have a harsh smell to it at all.  I also got it 20% off because I was shopping the day the store opened.  So I made sure to take advantage of the discount.  I ended up going with the Urban Decay Naked BB Cream in Naked light.

So my darling husband asked me the other night..."Is Ulta like Home Depot for chick stuff?"  Yes, yes it is.  It's where I buy the spackle for my face!        

No comments:

Post a Comment